Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Packing for Germany!

Marshmallows, Reeses, Apple Butter, Brownies, who's going to carry it all?? In the Koerner household, the past few days have been very busy in preparation for our departure tomorrow. We not only have to worry about what clothes and belongings to pack, but we also have to find American gifts for each of our host families and for the teachers and principals at the schools we visit. This year I was in charge of making 15 flags with the "German American Partnership Program" logo on it to be arranged with both a German and an American flag. Each one of these will serve as a special gift to the officials in the places we visit. One will go to the mayor of Achern, one to the principal of the Gymnasium, etc. And one for my dad of course! It is the 20th anniversary of GAPP at Freedom High School and those who helped accommodate our groups each year deserve much appreciation.

While I'm packing my suitcase I'll be sure to pack plenty of gifts for my host families and friends in Germany. All the more space for things to bring back when we have to leave!

Happy Packing!
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment