Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm going to make this short since it's 00:14 here :D. We flew into Munchen on Thursday and had lunch at a nice restaurant with a very frustrated waiter. Then we got on another plane for about an hour and flew to Leipzig, making our total amount of time on a plane 9.5 hours. Ugh. When we got to Leipzig, we took a train to the main train station there, which is basically a mall, and shopped around a little while waiting for our train to Altenburg. We rode on the 2nd floor of the double decker train for about an hour to Altenburg. Once we got there, we went to a brewery where they were having some sort of graduation party. We had a buffet dinner and they had a whole pig to serve. Literally. You could look into its eyes. Then after dinner we met our host families and went home. Personally, my host family is amazing. My older sister speaks perfect English because she stayed in New York for a year. My host parents, not so much. I was stuck at home alone with them this morning and we managed to stumble through a few random conversations in German. The exchange of "danke" and "bitte" is starting to get a little old to everyone. Selina's host family lives across the street from me and her family is also really nice. Selina and I both have younger sisters who are at firefighter camp. No, that's not a mistranslation. They're coming home tomorrow. Today we toured the Realschule (comprehensive school) and visited a museum. Altenburg's speciality is playing cards. Oh and we don't all live in Altenburg. Some of us live in Schmölln and some of us, Selina and I included, live in Thüringer. I have a computer in my room, so I may be the one posting most of the updates until we leave Altenburg.
Auf wiedersehen!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment